Saturday, December 12, 2009

3 out of 4 Drains are Out!

So Dr S came by yesterday midmorning and looked at my drain numbers and determined that 3 out of 4 of my drains could come out. Yeah!!! I didn't have to be preggie girl (drains under sweatjacket) anymore :-). When he pulled them out they didnt hurt just kindof burned as they slid. Not a big deal. I got to meet Heather yesterday! She is a sweetie. We actually have ajoining rooms. She is doing really well..not even complaining like my wimpy self when I was that far along. Goodness...I am still complaining :-) but it is better. I am only sore when I am close to med time and in the evenings. Kaylyn, Wanda (her mom), Dee, and I went to the Galeria Mall to do some walking and shopping :-). We had the shuttle drop us off at 2pm with expectations of being picked up at 5pm. For future postops...3 hours is too long. 2 hours would have been perfect. The mall is huge and has lots of things. But I couldnt get over how many shoe stores they have..I swear it was close to a 1/3 of the stores.....crazy! We had such a good time though. I invited Heather but knew it was too soon for her to be out that long. I will have to back with her before I leave since I am here until next Friday. They have a HUGE movie theater in the Galleria too. I am sure there was some movies in English but we didnt check it out. By the time 5pm hit we were absolutely pooped. Poor Dee felt like she was a walking puff ball (poor thing..she is retaining water) and I felt like a walking diaper rash! My drain incisions leaked and soaked my bandages and my inner thighs got raw where I have my groin incisions. I got myself all fixed up when I got back to the room. Tip for future patients using shuttle...you need to be outside exactly when they pick you up. they have a few minutes to come into the parking garage to pick you up and then they have to leave. We were waiting on the inside glass doors because people were smoking outside and we saw the van just rush by! We were soooo mad since it didnt give us a chance to get out there. Anyway, a nice lady at Wendy's who knew English (thank goodness!) used her cellphone to call the hotel and they came back for us. There was no way we could walk. We all were supposed to go out to dinner with Dr S but we had wore ourselves down from walking we asked if we could postpone..he is so sweet and didnt mind at all. We met Jennifer who was getting marked up last night. She seems very nice. Today is her day. Go Jennifer!!!!
When I was changing my gauze last night I noticed a brown area where my thigh incision drain came out and a little white stuff in it. Dr S will be by today to take a look...not sure if that is normal or not..thinking not but at least we can nip it in the butt early.
I miss my family (especially my hubby) more and more. Only 7 more days and I will able to give him a bigh wet smooch! And give my daughter and son (since he will be flying in same day) huge hugs and kisses. I am so blessed that I can communicate with my husband at any time. He is always asking how I am doing.
Here is a pick of us at the Galleria mall. Just having a blast with these girls..They all make this pain and soreness just a little less prominant. And we can vent our issues to each other :-).





No comments:

Post a Comment