Monday, December 7, 2009

Surgery Day

Dr Sauceda's wife greeted me with a hug in the hotel lobby at 8am. She drove me to the clinic. She is sooo nice! I have to say I was not as nervous as I thought I would be. It might be because there wasn't time to think about things. They got the ball rolling very quickly. We got to the clinic within 10 minutes and she took me to fill out some papers and sign my name. That was interesting becuase I couldn't understand that they wanted me to print then sign this one particular paper. I went through 3 papers before I understood...lol. After that Dr S wife showed me my room I would be staying in and dropped my luggage off there. We then went into little room where you change your clothes into a hospital gown. Right away I was wisked off to a bed in the recovery room to have my IV put in. Dr S wife was great and it didnt hurt at all. I have had bad incidences with IVs in the past so I was happy with that. They had me take a couple of white pills and lay there while they got everything prepped. It was about 5 minutes. There were a handful of nurses running around to get things started. I was then taken to the OR room where they sponged me down with the bentadine (sp?). The nurse was so nice..she kept saying sorry since the air was cold on me. They helped me on the OR table, Dr S wife put the IV in and I was out like a light. I did wake up during the procedure which was freaky realizing that after. I remember waking up but only hearing what was going on not seeing anything. They had music on and lots of people talking around me. I said something like I am awake. Dr S said we are working on your thighs. I said 'ok..can you put me back to sleep?" The next day when Dr S came in I asked him if that really happened or was I dreaming...nope it did.He says it happens sometimes because they have to be very careful on how much they give to people. I had the eppidural so I couldn't feel anything...I remember watching a movie a month ago or so called "Awake" where the guy is awake during the whole heart surgery..it had freaked me out because I thought what if that happened to me??? And it did..kindof but didnt hurt. Anyway, next thing I know I am waking up with my garments on and Dr S talking on the phone to my husband. He handed the phone to me so I could tell hubby I was ok. He was really relieved. They moved me back to my room and I noticed my legs were still alittle asleep. Eventually they came back. That garment was so freakin tight on me it was crazy. I didn't get good sleep that night but Dr S reminded me that I was asleep for 10 hours so I shouldn't have been to sleepy. I was not in any pain the first night with exception that my booty and my vajayay was soooooooooooo itchy! I mean really itchy. So I asked for itchy medicine. Yesterday (day after surgery) I was in more pain. My TT, breasts, and Thigh lift areas were not a problem but my booty was soooooo soooo sore and hard to lay on. I could not get comfortable. I went through the buyers remorse stage yesterday I have to say. I was thinking..you know..I wasn't that bad to begin with why the hell did I do this to myself? A funny thing with my catheter. I had no idea I had one in all the first night and most of morning yesterday! I thought wow..I have to go pee but then I thought I would just hold it until I called the nurse..then I didn't have to go anymore. Didn't even think about it. I had never had one in to know what to expect. So in the morning the nurse brought this big test tube vase looking thing that had measurements up the sides next to my bed.. I was thinking what was this for and all of a sudden she pulls this catheter bag out from under the bed with lots of pee in it. I was shocked first of all to know I peed that much and didnt realize it but secondly that I had a catheter in me! What a dufuss I am! My husband text and called me all day yesterday seeing how I was doing. He kept reminding me that in the end I will look great..I was buying it yesterday since I felt like crap. And these crotchless garments are for the birds! Once I had to start peeing on the toilet I kept getting my thigh gauze pads wet. What a pain I tell you. I guess the garment wasnt pulled up all the way so it was leaking in. Today the nurse put my new one on and got it where my vajayjay is practically hanging out LOL. But I was able to use the restroom without having my pads changed out. Last night Patty changed my med to a stronger one and add my Ambien to sleep with I was a happy camper through the night. I woke up once to use the restroom but got at least 5 hours sleep. Whew. This morning I got my IV out which then allowed me to get around better. I also got to take a shower. It felt soooo good to have my hair washed but I was freezing in the shower since I sat there while the nurse washed and conditioned my hair. They are so nice! After the shower lunch came. We get to order from a menu that has had some really good food. I was able to start eating real food next afternoon after surgery. Today I had nacho fries which I only ate (I know I know..not protein) but I did follow it up with a Muscle milk shake that I am still working on. I have to say I admire people who do these procedures then go home right away. There is no way I could have done this without nurses help the first 2 days. Also, it is very doable to come here alone since we do have all the help around us but if you have the opportunity to bring a person that will support you mentally and help out with the little things I would say do it by all means! I had my wonderful hubby with me during my VSG WLS in Mexicali. He was able to help reach for things, pick things up off the floor, and just be there for me to vent! This time around I am able to communicate via Text and calls but its just not the same. And I hate to call the nurse in to plug in my phone or make me a shake or pick up the jello container I pushed off the tray be accident. Hubby could have done that for me. Well, I am sitting on the couch right now and my booty is really starting to get sore..actually hurt so I need to head back up to the bed. I will keep everyone posted.
Oh I almost forgot here are 2 postop pics. You will see how swollen I am in the face in the pictures. Actually, it has gone down from yesterday morning. I woke up looking like an alien!!! But I know it will all work its way out of me. I am very swollen so you won't see any of the improvements other than my girlies in the pictures but thought I would post them anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment