Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home and Settled In

So I got home last Friday about 6pm. I sat on my booty for a total of 11 hours!!!! This included 2 hour wait for airplane out of Monterrey, 2 hour wait in Houston, and 7 hours in the air! Lets just say that all the headway I made on swelling was lost on this day. I had kankles again. Oh and my booty was so sore and numb I could barely stand it. But it was all worth it to see my wonderful husband! He is the best. He met me at the gate and we hugged and kissed it seemed forever. Then he pulled out this jewerly box and asked me if I would marry him again since I had left my ring at home during the trip. It was soo beautiful! We went out to dinner so that we could miss the Friday afterwork traffic out of San Francisco. Boy, that Tylenol 3 had my name on it once we got home! I slept like a baby that night. My son came home that evening but stayed at a friends since he got in so late. I love having my son home and all the other kids are so excited to see him too. He was floored to see me thin. I hadnt seen him since May when he left for Iraq so I was still losing my weight. He was surprised to see me skinny and with girlies! haha. We went to a Xmas party the next night but my son knew his highschool buddies would give him a hard time since in his words...I look 'hot'...not sure about that but it made me feel good to hear him say that. Anyway, hubby has been helping me and making me just relax here at home. He had Molly Maids clean the house before I got home so I wouldn't feel I needed to clean anything. He is so wonderful. Dr S said I can go to gym if its only to walk on treadmill for a 30 minutes or so at a slow pace. I am walking at 1.8mph which is really slow for me but I have to be compliant. We also doing an hour or so Xmas shopping just to get me up and walking some. I found a couple little areas of concern on my thighs. One is where the thigh drain is and other is in middle of groin incision. They are size of pensil eraser. I sent them to Dr S and he said they are part of healing process and not to worry..so I won't :-) unless they get bigger then I will worry. I am obsessedly worried about openings and need to stop that...
I will post 3 week pictures next Saturday. Hopefully I can find a swimsuit before then so I have one to try on. I tried on the 36DD bra I bought at SV before I left and it seems too small....so I have to go in and get them sized at SV again....but I think I will do that after they settle in more.

No comments:

Post a Comment