Friday, December 4, 2009

I made it to Monterrey!!!

Just wanted to let yall know I made it safe and sound to the Hampton Inn here in Monterrey. My hubby dropped me off at the airport for a 12:30am flight. It was hard to say goodbye to him since I know he wanted to come with me :-(. Well, with the 3.5 hour layover in Houston I finally landed at around 11am (Monterrey time). I am happy to say that customs was a breeze for me! I went through and had my paperwork stamped. Then went on to have my luggage xrayed. The nice guy at the desk asked me what food I brought and I told him snacks and protein mix. He said push the red button and go on my merry way. I was like "what"?? I don't have to have my baggage searched? I was a really happy camper!

Sergio (DR S's driver) was waiting for me at the exit. He is the nicest man! He is a tour guide also so he told me all about Monterrey on our drive to the hotel. Dr S is in surgery with Kaylyn right now so he couldn't pick me up. But Sergio said he wanted to make sure he called him since he was concerned that I came in alone and wanted to make sure I made it alright.

I walked over to McDonalds for a quick lunch but have to know what is the exchange rate from you vets out there??? The Junior pack (kids meal) was $51.00....I know that is peso's but really weird to see that an icecream is $6.00. I just gave the kid a $20 not knowing how much it was. He was really nice too. Okay, well I think I am going to take a quick shower since I have been up all night on cramped airplanes.





No comments:

Post a Comment