Monday, December 14, 2009

Dinner with Dr. Sauceda!

So I was out and about a good amount of the day today. The girls and I had lunch at the food court by the HEB and then went over to get some stuff at the HEB. Gotta love having that store right next door to the hotel! Kaylyn and Dee had to go to Dr Sauceda's office to get their sutures out. Heather also needed to get a few drains out so I tagged along. They say it didn't hurt too bad but hummmm I will see on Thurs. night for myself..I am such a wuss. We were then off to dinner with Dr. Sauceda to the Lady Bug restaurant. Really, really beautiful restaraunt and only about 5 minutes away. We got some dishes and shared family style which was great. Unfortunately Kaylyn wasn't feeling well so her and her mother couldn't make it.. :-( Dr. S was on his way to pick Christine up at the airport after dinner and get her all marked up for tomorrow's surgery. Go Christine!! And I am hoping to meet Dawn in person before I leave..yeah..so many of us! Both Dee and Kaylyn are leaving tomorrow and I am really bummed about it. They are great surgery sisters! And Wanda (Kaylyn's mom) is a savior for carrying and picking stuff up for all of us..Big hugs and thanks to her! Heather and I are here until Friday and Jennifer arrived at the hotel today so I will hopefully get to meet her tomorrow.
Funny story from today walking back to the hotel from Dr. S's office. I am walking along with the girls and we just passed a bunch of construction workers. I feel something running (falling) down my leg somewhat slowly and hit the top of my foot! I was all freaked out thinking it was some animal or mouse or something that I grab up my pants leg and its my drain! so my drain had fallen down my let and how the heck was I going to get it back without reaching my hand down my pants. Mind you we are on the side of a VERY busy road....So all the girls hover around me so I can put my hands down my pants and retrieve my drain like fishing in a pond without people seeing!!! Mind you we were all laughing so hard that anyone in hearing distance would notice us. So after I fished my drain up I saw there was this man right on the other side of the fence watching the whole thing! He was smiling big time..I just raised my hand and said "Hi"..what else could I do? It was really funny.
Well, I miss my family and my hubby so much. I am so glad we can talk multiple times a day! I am getting anxious to get home but know that Xmas is the following week so I have to put my mind to just chilling and letting the family take care of things. I really don't want to over due it.
I am hoping to take 10 day post op pics tomorrow morning when Patty comes to help shower and guaze me up. I am now in the 8oclock timeslot since Dee and Kaylyn are gone. That I like!








2 comments: